Myofascial Skills Course Description
Learn the latest, most-effective techniques of myofacial release therapy!
Now offered in a bundle of (4) or choose individually. We will be covering the following body regions:
- Cranium and Neck; Thorax
- Shoulder Girdle
- Lumbar Spine
- Pelvis and Thigh
- Lower and Upper Extremities
Learn how to:
- Use proper body mechanics and using your core and not straining joints
- Apply techniques with a pattern of ease, not stress or force
- Learn myofascial techniques for the above-mentioned body regions
- Listen and the decipher visual cues the client may be giving that indicate appropriate and inappropriate application of the techniques and massage approach
- Coach the client on how to become an active participant during the massage session
- Use 10 basic self-care measures that the therapist can suggest to the client and how to instruct the client how to properly perform the self-care measures.
This course is presented in a fun, active learning adventure. We will use corn starch, hula hoop, ball of string, and other activities as learning aids to develop grounded and centering skills that enhance the energy approach that myofascial skills require in order to be effective for the client and therapist alike.
So Let Us Have Fun. Dress comfortably.
What to bring:
1 set sheets, face cradle cover, and blanket. Massage tables and water provided
Hands-on and lecture
24 CE hours, or 6 CE individually
NCBTMB #291388-00 taught by Earl Conner
What Past LMT's Say..
"The director and all of the instructors are very knowledgeable, professional and helpful. They want you to succeed, and are there to guide you every step of the way."
"All of the instructors were helpful and always there to make sure that information was being grasped and then applied correctly"
"This class was amazing. The instructors are very knowledgeable and experienced."
Nationally Approved Course
Myofacial release is a highly sought after modality since its techniques helps clients find relief and healing from many common problematic areas such as: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Back pain, TMJ Disorder, Fibromyalgia, and Migraines.
This class is intended specifically as continuing education for licensed massage therapists who desire to add myofascial release techniques to their growing list of expertise
Currently all our available CE classes can be found on our Eventbrite page
The Discounted Bundle is $400 and individual classes are $125. For specific times and dates please check above under upcoming classes.
This class is NCBTMB approved for 6 CE's each for a total of 24 CE if you take all four courses.
Need to stay overnight? Refer to your favorite travel website for the best rates. There are plenty of hotels in the area including:
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Best Western Legacy Inn
- Hampton Inn
- La Quinta
Rock Valley College Classroom Building II
3301 North Mulford Road Rockford, IL 61114